Thursday 7 June 2012

VikingR and other stuff

If you read last week's update you would have noticed I reintroduced myself fairly randomly and spoke with a rather different style of writing. Well, that's because I've been hired by VikingR Strongwear to travel and report my findings on different strongman, powerlifting and weightlifting competitions around the country. It's an amazing job, and I'm truly honoured to have been given such a bitchin' opportunity to be paid to watch what I love doing, and then write about it after! So if you haven't already, get your arse over to VikingR's website and check out their goods.

Image
Sporting the sexual compression top and gym shorts with wobbly pride.

And it's not just their clothes they're enthusiastic about. VikingR have already and still continue to back dozens of competitions, athletes and gyms around the country to spread the word of strength sports. They've got Mark Felix, Graham Hicks and Shane Jerman; all legends in their respective weight categories, backing their team along with sponsoring events with shirts, trophies and equipment. I'm no businessman, but for a relatively small and new company to sponsor and support so many events and people (including me!), it must be digging a huge chunk into their profit margins, which is incredibly generous I reckon. Basically (and genuinely unrelated to my new employment), if you're passionate about strength, support these guys cos no doubt they'll be supporting you later on down the line!


In other news, work has been a bitch and I've found very little time to train. Since coming back from Nottingham on Thursday, I've managed 2 gym seshes which is pitiful. I did manage a 90kg strict press today though so that was pretty neat. Working on dem shoulders!

I also invested in some new sleeves as the Thor range were getting very tight and a complete cunt to change in the summer. I went for the classic blue Rehbands and have never been happier. So comfy, decent support and NEOPRENE, my joints are practically cooked in them. They're 2mm thicker than the modern range they have at the moment, and a lot longer so cover more of the joint. Definitely worth the extra tenner in my opinion.

Other than that, not much to mention really. I'm gonna try and get a bit fitter this summer cos at the moment I'm just a chunky mess when it comes to moving events. Kicked off today with 25mins of cardio this morning, fuck yeah!

Site logo

Please take a moment to check out VikingR-Clothing, buy some badass training gear and show your support  for the sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment