Friday 20 January 2012

New gear and training update

New XL training gear arrived! (knee and elbow sleeves, wrist wraps). Really bloody helpful for keeping warm, staying stable and also actually giving a little bit of spring to certain lifts. Not as much as wraps but a lot less faff between sets so they're highly recommended. These are the relatively stiff Thor range from strengthshop UK and are much cheaper than Rehband, and just to top it off they're considered the 'signiture model' for Big Loz himself. Marvelous.

Posted Image 
For some reason I felt the need for a gangsta pose too. 

In other news, I've made a week where I pretty much just practice explosiveness and wear myself out 10x quicker with speed training. Essentially the lightest week of the month, it gives me a welcomed conditioning week, definitely one of my biggest weaknesses. 

Now my training timetable looks like so:

Week 1 regular training
week 2 regular training
week 3 speed training
week 4 heavy training

Rinse and repeat. I'll probably post my weekly routine later on this week also. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment