Sunday 26 February 2012

Giants Live and Arnolds

This years WSM season is coming around the corner quickly, and what better way to kick start it off than the Giants Live tour coming to Leeds 23rd June 2012. Terry Hollands, Laurence Shahlaei, Mark Felix, Zydrunas Savickas, Thor Bjornsson, Vytautas Lalas and Stefan Solvi Petursson are just a few of the big names in attendance, with many more tagged on facebook (which I'll assume as unconfirmed for now, but who knows, maybe big Brian Shaw may show up again).

 It's £15 for a ticket, or £40 for a premier ticket. The latter seems fantastic value for money, including a Giants Live t-shirt, better seating and even a meet-the-competitors section which seems too good to pass up in my opinion. If anyone else is going, leave a message on here or facebook, Robyn and I will keep an eye out for you on the day! It's gonna be awesome.


And that leaves us with the Arnolds later this week. We've got two representitives this year with Terry and Loz taking on the world's finest, along with Mark Felix taking part in the grip challenge. 

Honestly, although he reckons not in top form, my bets are on Loz to take a podium placing at least. They're all really good events for him (no stones!) so he'll be a real contender for the Arnold title this year in my opinion. Like, I think the circus dumbbell will be his only event he won't smash as he holds records in pretty much everything else. Even then, he's got some epic leg strength which might just get that dumbbell up more times than others, so yeah, he'll wreck it.

Mark will probably win the Mighty Mitts challenge, he really is in a league of his own when it comes to raw static grip strength. It's a shame he won't be in the main competition, but I guess he'd rather go for a near-definite win in his speciality field. Then again, last year he replaced someone for an injury in the main event, so fingers crossed for yet another injury! Erm... maybe that's a little harsh, but either way, it's gonna be a mental week for Strongman, and hopefully one of ours will be bringing home the gold!

Last years ridiculous 1110lb tire deadlift. Madness.


Elsewhere, In my hugely interesting life news, there's not really much to report on other than making a few friends at the gym. I'm usually very anti-social as I'm there purely to train and get the fuck home, but there's a few guys who I don't mind sharing a bit of banter with and it's nice to have a spotter I guess.

Cutting's going well, lost 2 kg in 3 weeks. It's nothing major as I'm still devouring 4000kcal a day, but just leaving out the fatty stuff. I'm also tightening my belt to the second hole again rather than the first, so I reckon the waist is getting a little less lardy. Cardio's still a bitch, but a necessary bitch. Urgh. I'm honestly not sure If I can be arsed anymore, I miss my bagels, whole milk and steak. We'll see...


No comments:

Post a Comment