Monday 14 January 2013

Videos, Videos Everywhere

Two nights before my exam and this seems like the perfect opportunity to procrastinate and deliver some videos you oh so dearly care about.

I mentioned the other day that a bunch of lads were travelling up to Leicester to train in the new 'Monster Playground' at The Warehouse Gym. Basically, they removed the 'dungeon' downstairs and kitted it out similar to upstairs to suit a more commercial gym feel; Machines, free weights and other toys. However, the owner is an absolute legend and purchased another warehouse behind it, solely for the purpose of housing the strongman kit and the animals that it attracts. This place has got cars, logs and even a bloody Conan's circle frame. Anything strongman related, it's here.

So I got an early morning train and kindly got picked up at the station by Jay 'Ursus' Pateman as we headed over to the warehouse. A massive turnout of 15 people all arrived, and below is the madness that ensued. There's only one clip of me in the compilation vid cos the rest of these guys blew my little lifts away, but I did get a 110kg axle overhead PB and a new 71kg dumbbell PB in the videos below. One is a group vid with some seriously strong fellas (and my mentors!) and the other is a vid of my lifts. Watch em both IMO.

Epic HD footage from Will Sanderson and his tripod.

Woo vid finally works!

Overall, a cracking day with a whole bunch of banter, PBs and donuts! Hopefully doing another mass training sesh before Midlands 105 (which I may be entering...) so more footage to come in a few weeks!

In other news, you may remember I've been on that fucking horrible (but effective) Russian squat routine ...and it's getting tough. I'm just about to start the week I dread the most cos it's got two massive volume sessions (6x5 and 6x6) and I'm definitely not a fan of reps. You can see below how much I hate these son'bitches below by my manly grunts.

6x4 @ 160kg

6x2 @ 160kg, such a relief with 'only' doubles

But other than my girly bitching, things have gone well. I feel my form is hit and miss on days... like today (the 6x2) felt so tight but the other set (6x4) felt like i was good morning'ing all my last reps which isn't healthy nor the exercise I'm going for. Gotta fix consistency here.

Coming away from those tight as shit doubles, I felt the urge to shift some heavy ass weight so went to deadlift singles, hopefully building up to a PB. And I did, out of bloody nowhere! I surprised myself, normally I need to train to a peak to get one, but today I just felt fearless. This is on deadlifting once a week during the 6x2 squat day, so hopefully I can give another go in a few weeks with proper build up.

Pro camera angle, can't even see the sodding plates. definitely 242.5kg though lol.

That felt good. Does that little wiggle at the top count as a hitch? You decide, but FUCK YOU I'm claiming that. lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment