Thursday 1 March 2012

Deadlift reps, potential new gym and Giants Live

Today was a good day. Did a lot of 3x5 work on deads right up to 150kg, and 3x3 on 170kg. I could probably do more but I accidently cracked a 25kg plate when dropping it and I wanted to vacate the scene of the crime as soon as possible. Also did a bit of bent over row work, which ended up finishes my hands off with a gory fatality, good bye calluses (and hello pink chalk!).

In other news, I think I've found a local strongman gym. It has strongman training advertised, it mentions stones and it also shows a lot of videos with tires, sleds and ropes. To be quite honest, it looks quite a casual gym (and from the looks of things, primarily populated by women, but that may be just clever advertising photos) but it has some strongman gear that I'm very interested in toying with. I don't think they have logs, but who knows, hopefully they'll surprise me. I've tried ringing twice today and I've sent an email but to no avail. I'm desperately after a taster sesh at the minimum, when will you answer your bloody phone!

Finally, I've booked a room at this little B&B opposite the Headingley Stadium in Leeds ready for Giants Live. I have no idea what time it's gonna end and I don't wanna risk trains cutting my day short. It's pretty cheap at only £40 for a double room for the night, so if you're staying with that special someone, it's a bargain!

I actually don't have any pics to post today :(


No comments:

Post a Comment